When searching for answers on how to obtain healthy skin, it is easy to become overwhelmed and stressed. That’s because there are thousands of different tips, tricks, and solutions on the internet. Where do you even begin? Let us provide you with a concise, yet detailed, guide on choosing a healthy skin moisturizer. In doing so, it is important to begin with the basics. Once you have a proper understanding of what moisturizers do and what to look for, you will find it much easier to eliminate the pretenders and find the most effective solutions.
How do Moisturizers Work?
Let’s go back to science class for a moment. If you remember, your skin is made up of three distinct layers. The outermost layer is called the epidermis, the middle the dermis, and the bottom is the subcutaneous fat layer. Those suffering from dry and flaky skin have issues with the top layer of the epidermis, or the stratum corneum. Fifteen percent of this layer is supposed to consist of water. When the moisture content level falls below ten percent, your skin becomes dry and flaky. Moisturizers work by sealing moisture into the epidermis and pulling additional moisture from the inner layers to the outer.
What to Look for in a Moisturizer or Lotion
When choosing a moisturizer or lotion, it is essential to pay attention to what you are buying. Look at the ingredients, make sure it is appropriate for your skin type, and properly apply and supplement.
· Ingredients Matter. It is important to pay attention to the ingredients of a skin product for many different reasons. First, make sure it doesn’t contain anything that may cause an allergic reaction in your body. Second, look for active ingredients that are useful and not simply fillers. Third, do your research to discover whether the ingredients will cause any interactions with other medications, soaps, or cleansers you are currently using.
· Skin-Type Appropriate. Skin types vary from person to person, so it’s a good idea to find a moisturizer or lotion that works well with your particular type. This is especially important when applying lotions to the face, which can be very sensitive to certain ingredients.
· Smart Application. After you have chosen a lotion or moisturizer, use it properly. Follow the directions for application and supplement your usage with a proper diet. A good diet can provide the necessary nutrients and vitamins to encourage healthy skin production.
Which Moisturizer is Best for You?
In order to find the appropriate moisturizer, first consider your skin type. Here are some general guidelines for five types of skin:
· Normal. If you have fairly normal skin (not too oil nor dry), it’s important to maintain its natural balance. To do this, use a water-based moisturizer with lightweight oils.
· Dry. Dry skin needs additional moisture to regain its balance. Do this by looking for moisturizers with heavier, oil-based ingredients. If your skin is cracked and split, petrolatum-based products are desirable.
· Sensitive. Is your skin easily irritable? For redness, rashes, itching, or flaking, you will want to use a moisturizer that contains soothing ingredients. These include aloe or chamomile. Also, avoid unnecessary fragrances or dyes that increase sensitive skin’s irritability.
· Oily. Oily skin can lead to acne breakouts and undesirable blemishes. For oily skin, you need something that will dry it out and won’t clog pores. Try to find something that is water-based and labeled ‘noncomedogenic.’
· Aged. For mature skin, look for a moisturizer that keeps your skin well hydrated. It should contain plenty of antioxidants, oils, and alpha hydroxyl acids.
How to Use Moisturizing Products
In addition to choosing the appropriate product, it is important to follow instructions for proper use. Whether it is a lotion, cream, or soap, pay attention to the details and use as directed.
· Lotions. For lotions, apply an even amount to each hand and work on one area of the body at a time. Start from your ankles and work up, leaving the face and feet for last. Apply lotion in a circular motion with a light massaging pressure. When you get to the face, start at the forehead and work downwards towards the chin. Avoid getting any lotion in your eyes, nose, or mouth. For the feet, start at the toes and work towards the sole. After finishing your feet, cover them with socks to keep in the moisture.
· Soaps. Soaps should be used as directed. Begin by soaking your body in warm water and lathering the soap on a washcloth or scrub. Apply to treatment areas and let it soak for one minute. Next, rinse with warm water followed by cold water. This tightens the pores and takes full advantage of the soap’s benefits.
· Creams. For creams, dispense a quarter size amount on your pointer finger and rub it into the desired area. Gently massage the cream until it is fully absorbed in the skin. Allow it a few minutes to dry before applying any other makeup or lotions.
The Relumins Advantage
One of our top products is the Relumins Advance Whitening Soap With Intensive Skin Repair & Stem Cell Therapy. It works by erasing dark spots, whitening skin, exfoliating the surface, and promoting new, healthy cells. This soap contains a groundbreaking formula with ingredients like TA plant stem cell, placental protein, glutathione, licorice, and kojic acid. These ingredients have a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine and are proven to work over time. It is best to use this product in conjunction with sunscreen and healthy lifestyle choices. The Relumins Advance Whitening Soap is available in single bar order or packs of ten.
Flawless Beauty and Skin
At Flawless Beauty and Skin, it is our aim to provide our customers with healthy, affordable solutions. Whether you need acne treatment, skin whitening, slimming supplements, or anything in between, we stand by our proven products. If you have any questions regarding beauty and skin issues, don’t hesitate to contact us today for more information.